Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving (Part 1)

Happy Thanksgiving y'all!
I just said y'all - what is Beijing doing to me?!

Anyways on with the show...

Today was my first Thanksgiving away from family. HOWEVER, I have a Beijing family and we had a small Small group Thanksgiving dinner at my friend Christy's apartment. There were about 15 of us there and we all made something. I helped Christy make a bunch of casseroles (who knew these were so important for Thanksgiving - sup south) and I made some cranberry lovin, because I loveeee cranberries. It was a great time and just I really felt connected to all of these people and America lovin'! My brit friend brought a huge American flag to dinner! (and a smaller British flag haha).

Also today I tried teaching my students about Thanksgiving to mixed results. My first class understood, but didn't understand hand turkeys. My second class was the opposite. Le sigh.

I'm thankful for the friends and family I have here in Beijing, and my family and friends back home and abroad. I love all of you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment