Tuesday, November 22, 2011

丁丁历险记 - The Adventures of TinTin!

I just got back from seeing my first movie in English. I saw Tin Tin in 3-D and English, but with Chinese subtitles! I didn't really remember much about Tin Tin, but for those Americans reading this, it's a lot like Indiana Jones. Steven Spielberg actually liked Indiana Jones a lot and someone told him that it was based off of Tin Tin, as my wise friend Immy told me - who is bloody obsessed with it (she's British, what can I say?). It was a nice 3-D movie in the fact that it wasn't the real-D 3-D (so no left-handed and right-handed glasses) and it didn't give me a headache!

I rode there on the back of Tom's bike :o. Tom is a brit studying at the tv university? It's the film and television university or something like that, but he's studying language. He's a super fast biker and I was just sitting on the back metal part hoping I wasn't going to die, haha. But we got there really fast and just in time to meet up with a huge group of people.

I've heard a lot of negative things about the chinese movie experience that people will just answer their phones, play with their iPads, just generally being loud and what not. I didn't really experience that, but then again I went to a foreign movie with a bunch of foreigners. There were some people talking for a little bit, but they got quiet pretty fast.

Favorite phrases:
Ten thousand typhoons!

Haddock: "Do you know how to fly this thing?"
Tintin: "Don't worry, I interviewed a pilot once."

Also I just checked out IMDB and it's not out in the states yet. go see it, it's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment