Monday, November 14, 2011

I got to close the doors to the Forbidden City.

I got the rest of my grades back and I did really well in speaking and Comprehensive (damn you listening...). Whoooo, I can definitely notice my speaking and listening (in real life) improving. And writing too. I can communicate like a normal person, instead of a 5 year old!

I also found a new apartment because the lease is up on this one on the 29th (in the middle of the week, strangely enough) and because a) the heating in this apartment is terrible b) there may or may not be cockroaches and mold in parts of this apt c) I found one with a non chinese bathroom!!! d) this is right by a major intersection in Haidian which means it's constantly loud and the only quiet time I have heard so far is from 4-5 am.

*for those that don't know: Chinese bathrooms are basically bathroom with the toilet and the showerhead next to each other without separation, and there tends to be really bad drainage for the shower. I'll take a picture and put it up.

This weekend was pretty amazing. :) Friday I went to this really good South Korean place with my friend Mei Lan and we got cake afterwards at this hidden place. :o I spent Friday night with my friend Christy making food for her class on Saturday morning and we made cupcakes and had a SNL night. Saturday I finally went to Tianamen Square and the Forbidden City. I went with my classmate from Allegheny, Luke. We joked around and had fun. The Forbidden City was mainly cleared out which was awesome! Here are some pictures:









After that I ended up getting dinner at this really 好吃 place with Christy and we met up with our friend John and Lush. Lush was pretty crowded so we ended up going to Pyro and just getting a pitcher. Pyro had a throwback playlist of feel good songs, so we were singing and having a good time for most of the night. John then decided that he wanted to go to this club next door, Propaganda for ten minutes. Of course we ended up staying there for longer, but it was possibly the worst dj-ing I have ever heard.

Sunday I went to BICF and then we all grabbed lunch at La Bamba, which has the cheesiest quesadillas in Beijing. It's an okay place but it smells kind of bad. :/ I met up with some friends at Lush and then I went shopping for gifts for friends and family with Mohammed at YaShou market in Sanlitunr.

Overall successful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment