Monday, October 31, 2011

Update

Hey all,
Things have been going really well, I have just been really busy and haven't had a lot of time to blog. To see some of the pictures from this weekend from the Subway Loop Halloween Party click here. (I was at Dongzhimen for around 2 hours, see if you can find me ;) and this happened all over line 2 in Beijing.)

Number 1: I taught about Halloween in my third grade class. My first class was amazing, the second class could only be described as little monsters. I taught my first class a lot, and the second class didn't get as much. I ended up kind of teaching like a Chinese teacher in the fact that I did the dreaded 听写tingxie (dictation) and gave 作业zuoye (homework)

Number 2: You should read this article "I fought for 18 years to have a cup of coffee with you." It is about the struggles more rural chinese have breaking into city life, and a lot of how people take things for granted.

Number 3: The pollution here has been past hazardous levels. Therefore, I have been feeling very sick. Basically it's supposed to irritate your lungs, and I already have breathing problems. Whomp whomp.

Number 4: I am working my butt off in my classes. Chinese classes are a lot different from American classes. Basic structure: Tingxie (quiz), lesson, go over dialogue and vocab, discussion, xiuxi (break), then more vocab work. Today I had a 2 hour test in Comprehensive.

Number 5: I went to the Great Wall of China! I went to the Mutianyu section and no one was there :D

aaand I'll add more. Much love from China! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment